New Boat?

Sue and I went down to Latchi to look at a boat. Well… I went to look at a boat and she came too!

I had decided that I need something a little larger than the Wayfarer. Something I could sail myself and afford to run myself though. So in the range of 20-25ft. Very few of those in Cyprus so I had been looking in the UK with the possibility of bringing over from there. But then suddenly saw a Kingfisher 20+ in Bazaraki. So we went to look…



The cabin is interesting: It has 2 seven ft berths and a double 6 ft berth. It has a sea toilet, wet locker and then basin and cooker in the main saloon.

Like the Tiny House Movement, this is a tiny yacht!

Needs some TLC but basically sound. Woodwork and TLC I can do, but other than a new set of sails she's sailable this year!


The for'ard cabin has storage space and a double 6 ft berth. Cozy but good.

The wet locker is a bit of a mess, I will actually convert this to the galley. Needs rewiring!

Missing a door: There are (should be) two sliding doors one on the heads (toilet) and one on the wet locker (to be galley). With that you swing them round to make a totally private heads from the two cabins or can swing just one to cook or... choice is yours.


Unfortunately the genoa had not been fully furled so the stitching is on it's way out, which means I cannot sail her back to Larnaca, but will have to transport her.

The main also had some problems. So new sails.

6 HP outboard, but the most surprising thing is the size of the cockpit! Way more space than I expected!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind…

What no wind again?

Christmas boat & maintenance