Mast fixed, boom on... looking like a yacht again!


This is Liza's berth… at the moment. Next to Blue Angel owned by Costas. I sat with him and had frapé, nice to get to know your neighbours!


So today I washed the deck, fixed the pin in the mast (that turned out to be a lot more effort than we expected!) fixed the boom, fixed the bimini and did the measuring for the new sails. Still a few things to do before she is sailable again. One of the shrouds got damaged in the move and the outboard is not as reliable as I would like.

Fixing the mast proved that I needed to just think about it -- I used one of the winches to put rotational pressure on the mast, then pushed a couple of screwdrivers into the seat to move it round. We had three people trying to rotate the mast (and failing) a few days back when we stepped the mast. What I liked was that I could actually fix the problem alone. I just needed to think about it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind…

What no wind again?