Cath, Daisy & Helen…



One of the real joys for me of owning a boat is the ability to take friends our for a sail. Cath is the leader of Little Muse Theatre and I help her with some of the sound and lighting. I very much believe in youth theatre and so working with her on productions is something I enjoy. So today… my turn to take her with her daughter Daisy out for a sail. I brought Helen along - she's a friend of Daisy and I like to have someone who can sail with me.


Little Muse Theatre is based in Larnaca and so normally Cath see's the sea from our town - today she saw our town from the sea! It's slowly developing with more high rise buildings and more hotels, but even still it's a nice small town with a great almost 'big village' feel to it.

Neither Cath nor Daisy had sailed before… and so getting used the tiller where you move it left to go right and right to go left took a wee bit of getting used to.
One of the things I always try to do for taking new people out is to make sure it's light winds so they think 'Wow, this was fun' rather than 'Wow, that was scary!'














Which means also… swimming off the stern of the boat… if that takes your fancy!










Or being towed behind the boat… 

And on the way back the RORO car transporter came out of the port... an extremely large ship! Yes, one doesn't want to argue about who has the right of way there.

This is Cyprus!

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Waterway Navigation App

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wind…

What no wind again?

Christmas boat & maintenance