Lift out!

 


I've been waiting literally months for this day! And now the crane arrives. Time for lift out!


First step is a pressure clean at some unbelievably high pressure.


Good job too, Liza really needed it!






Few things to do first for those of us doing the clean up…

I wanted to check if the above water part of the hull would clean and polish up or if something more serious was needed.

The answer was, yes, it will polish up nicely. Thankful for that because, below the water line the problems were more than I was expecting.






Although I don't seem to have osmosis the multiple layers of paint below the water line have lifted off the epoxy layer in places.


Which means I have to grind back to the epoxy layer and add a new epoxy layer to bond to before adding the anti-fouling. A lot more work than I was expecting!

I had Lukas to help me today and he managed to get a quarter of the keels done. 


I worked on the hull at the same time... which then stuck dust to the test cleaned part of the hull… 


And made a terrible mess of the deck. I will take a long hose down tomorrow to wash it all off and hope it doesn't set like glue. I could not use my regular hose as the taps on my side of the dock don't work so I will have to run the hose across the dock.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind…

What no wind again?

Christmas boat & maintenance