Grandpa, what sort of anchor do you use on your boat?

Grandpa, what sort of anchor do you use on your boat?

So asked my 4-year-old grandson! He's living on a 12,500-tonne ship, currently in Chile, so anchors actually make sense to him and Whatsapp is really useful for keeping in touch with your family halfway around the world.

So I went down to Liza and took some photos to show him. He knew my old boat King Malu which was a 39 ft Nicholson ketch, but the Kingfisher is a lot smaller to put it mildly.

 The first photo was to show him the plow anchor secured on the bow of Liza. I don't have a windlass.
The second was to show him the Danforth anchor, which I normally stow in one of the lockers. I generally prefer a Danforth anchor, but at the moment I'm using the plow.





Then he wanted to see around the cabin, so I took a load of photos to show him. This is the small cooker we have on board. It's not actually working yet as I cannot find a regulator for the gas.
This is the small sink, with electric pumped water. I'm changing from a 10 litre jerry can in one of the lockers to an inflatable bladder for the water, 
This is my bunk. I have a water leak above it at the moment, which I cannot find. Well… actually I have a few leaks which I am trying to find!
 The bunk reserved for my son… when he's back here…
 The necessary…
 The bunk for my grandson, with an inflatable dinghy on top right now.
 The toolkit (my grandson is into tools)
 The cabin
 The cockpit


And the instruments (such as they are) I'd like a wind indicator but that is all.

Comments

  1. Best wind indicator I knew was the windsock at what used to be RAF St Mawgan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I have a couple of flags of spinnaker material tied to the standing rigging at the moment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wind…

What no wind again?

Christmas boat & maintenance