Water leak… from the rain!

We have had a lot of rain recently… really a lot! And every time I have been down to Liza I have had to mop up water in a number of places. The water evaporates and condenses and then I have small amounts of mold growing, which I obviously don't like!

I have looked and looked and cannot find the leaks. It's a glass-fibre boat… there shouldn't be any leaks. So today I took the garden hose down and with a friend, she tried squirting water at various places while I was inside looking.

I knew one of the windows leaked because since I have had Liza one of the bow windows was cracked. Strange, I didn't think perspex cracked like that! 

Well… in the process I found all the windows leaked. Some badly.

Then I found all the screws around the windows were loose. Some very loose with a gap I should have noticed!

So I tried tightening them to make the seals work well.




One of the windows cracked… a lot!

The windows are glass! I'm horrified. So now I have the task of changing all the windows to perspex.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind…

What no wind again?